English Teacher, self-employed, Stavropol, Russia
I have always had a desire to find a challenging job overseas, but personal circumstances have never permitted this. Events in my life over the past twelve months have meant that I now can fulfill my long term ambition. I am looking for fresh challenges and a new career development. In return, I believe that I can offer a dedicated employee with a reputation for reliability and for having strong values.
- 2014 - 2018Self-employed, Stavropol, RussiaEnglish Teacher• Conveyed lessons General English/Business English to various students aged 4and up in accordance with the course curriculum
• Prepared lesson plans, activities and tests for students. Evaluated students’ performance in class and their attendance
• Motivated students to increase their passion for learning English
• Assigned homework and additional activities to the students for their improvement
• Prepared students for international exams IELTS and TOEFL, FCE, CAE as well
• Encouraged a positive learning environment and an excellent student teacher interaction
• Arranged English-speaking parties.
Course books applied: More 1 and 2, Family and Friends 1 and 2, Oxford Discover 1, 2 and 3, New English File (Elementary, Pre-Intermediate, Intermediate, Advanced), Market Leader, Teddy's Train A, New Total English -all levels. Video materials supplied as well.
- 2009 - 2010Prime School, Moscow, RussiaEnglish Teacher• Taught various individuals of different aspect of English such as Grammar, Writing, Pronunciation, Reading, Listening and Speaking
• Prepared lesson plans and activities in relation to the subject matter
• Provided advice and counseling to individuals regarding English related issues
• Evaluated the performance of each student in terms of fluency in English
• Prepared reports of students’ performance.
I applied such course books as Cutting Edge, Total English, Headway, Market Leader, Market Leader Business Law, Market Leader Banking and Finance, Market Leader International Management, Business Options, International Express, and grammar books such as English Grammar in Use, Oxford Practice Grammar and other supporting materials.
- 2008 - 2009British Council, Kiev, UkraineEnglish Teacher• Taught English to Ukrainian students aged 6 and up
• Prepared classes using provided materials and personal teaching materials
• Assessed students’ abilities and planned instructions in English
• Focused on improving students’ grammar, listening, writing and speaking skills
• Created additional course materials, including quizzes and reading samples
• Met and interacted with parents and provided them updates on student progress
• Facilitated development of skills and competencies in students by providing them all required resources
Levels taught: from beginners to advanced (VYLs, YLs, Teens and Adults). Applied course books: English in Mind, New English File, Cutting Edge, Total English, Headway.
- 2006 - 2007Big-Ben, Moscow, RussiaEnglish Teacher• Delivered a range of language and corporate training courses
• Evaluated students’ progress in writing, reading, listening and speaking skills, as well as grammar and syntax
• Encouraged and promoted fluidity of self-expression in General English and Business English
Levels taught: from beginners to advanced (adults). Applied course books: Business Options by A.Wallwork, Market Leader by D.Cotton, Profile by M.Tulip, International Express.
- 2006 - 2006Rusal, Moscow, RussiaAssistant to Sales Director (Australian expatriate)• Conducted clerical work
• Arranged and attended meetings and took the minutes
• Continuously liaised with clients and suppliers and stood in for the manager administrative support
- 2006 - 2006Bouyguestroi, Moscow, RussiaAssistant to Financial Director• Responsible for financial documentation
• Scheduled FD’s meetings/conferences and handled business correspondence in English and French
• Kept paperwork and computer-based information and made travel arrangements for the Financial Director
• Provided general assistance during presentations, took the minutes, ordered stationery for different departments
- 2005 - 2006LLC Bunge CIS, Moscow, RussiaPA to General Director (American expatriate), Managing Director of Sales Department and Managing Director of Seeds and Oil Department (German expatriate),• Handled GD and two MDs’ schedules
• Received visitors and made appointments
• Coordinated visa and travelling issues
• Screened telephone calls, enquiries and requests
• Dealt with incoming and outgoing emails, faxes and post
• Made decisions and delegated work to receptionists and travel coordinator
• Provided a wide range of administrative and clerical duties for various levels of the Administrative Department
- 2004 - 2004Agrofirm Golden Niva, Novoaleksandrovsk, Stavropol region, RussiaInterpreter to the Senior Agronomist• Provided high quality translation from English into Russian and vice versa
• Assisted with consecutive interpretation during meetings and negotiations as required
• Translated documentation
- 2002 - 2004Solnechny, Solnechny, Stavropol region, RussiaTranslator to General Director• Provided essential service and assistance to General Director
• Arranged meetings and provided consecutive translation
• Handled business correspondence in English
- 2001 - 2002Centre of Business Cooperation, Stavropol, RussiaSecretary-translator to GD• Received visitors
• Handled and dispatched incoming/outgoing emails and phone calls
• Translated documentation
- 1996 - 2001Northern Caucasus State University, Stavropol, RussiaLinguistics and Intercultural Communication / Linguist, interpreter English/German
- 2007 - 2007“CES”, Dublin, IrelandTraining course for Teachers of ELT
- 2008 - 2008Randolph School of English, Edinburgh, Scotland“CELTA course”
- 2008 - 2008AVO-BELL School, Sofia, Bulgaria.“Extension to CELTA”
- • Proficient in using Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel and Power Point
- • Strong Leadership and organizational skills
- • Proficiency in English and a good command of French
- • Excellent time-management, computer and interpersonal skills
- I have a genuine passion and devotion for education and service and a keen interest in teaching. This is the main reason I chose the path of a teacher. I am a good and enthusiastic communicator, dynamic, motivating and cheerful. I build up a good rapport with students and co-workers. I can adapt quickly to challenges and new environments. I have a positive attitude to life and I am eager to achieve established goals. I am accustomed to work in stressful situations and under pressure. I have good planning and organizational skills and have great patience. My interests are reading, swimming, mountain skiing, roller-blading and travelling.
- Sex: Female
- Marital Status: Single
- Religion: orthodox
- Nationality: Russian
- Date of Birth: 15.10.1979
This information is visible only for registered users.