Job vacancy Sewage Treatment Plant Operator
View all 912 Jobs
Sewage Treatment Plant Operator
|District in Mauritius||PORT LOUIS|
|State / Province||Port Louis|
To operate sewage treatment, sludge processing, and disposal equipment in wastewater treatment plant to control flow and processing of sewage.
|Duties of Job|
1. To operate sewage treatment, sludge processing, and disposal equipment in wastewater treatment plant to control flow and processing of sewage.
2. To monitor control panels and adjusts valves and gates manually or by remote control to regulate flow of sewage.
3. To observe variations in operating conditions and interprets meter and gauge readings and tests results to determine load requirements.
4. To start and stop pumps, engines, and generators to control flow of raw sewage through filtering, settling, aeration, and sludge digestion processes.
5. To maintain log of operations and record meter and gauge readings.
6. To collect sewage sample, using dipper or bottle and conduct laboratory tests, using testing equipment, such as colorimeter where applicable.
7. To operate and maintain power generating equipment to provide steam and electricity for plant, as required.
8. To perform any other cognate duties assigned.
• Minimum National Diploma Level and/or vocational training required
|Qualifications Required||FORM 4|
|Experience Required||12 months|
|Age Range||18 - 45|
|Salary Proposed||10000-15000 (Mauritian Rupees)|
How to Apply?
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs