View all 29 Jobs
Job vacancy Chief Operating Officer
View all 29 Jobs
Chief Operating Officer
Our Client based for 20 years in Mauritius, is an integrated design, development and manufacturing company specializing in percutaneous interventional medical devices for the global market. We design and manufacture angioplasty balloon catheters for interventional cardiology, radiology, gastroenterology and urology.
The role of the Chief operating Officer will be to:
- Provides an excellent framework for creating efficiencies throughout the organisation, combining the defect prevention focus of Six Sigma with the emphasis on waste reduction and process streamlining offered by Lean thinking.
- Leading and improving all areas of operations using a variety of methodologies using Lean Management.
- Plan, develop and implement strategy for operational management and development to meet agreed operational performance plans within agreed budgets and timelines.
- Develop and validate production plan and budgets.
- Lead and implement a quality service culture within the organisation.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls exist and develop new controls to guarantee efficiency and quality.
- Establish and maintain appropriate systems for measuring necessary aspects of operational management and development.
- Evaluate and monitor performance of existing service lines and functions.
- Manage and motivate on a day to day basis the operational teams.
- Ensure appropriate tools and systems are deployed across the operations.
Research & Development:
- Responsible for developing and monitoring research and development plans for the R&D group, ensuring projects are completed on time and within budget, in accordance with the Corporate and Department Strategic Plans.
- Promote a productive R&D culture that is motivated and accountable having a customer focus on innovation, quality, and improving the user experience.
- Explore new scientific technologies and approaches, and determine their applicability, while keeping abreast of competitive products and technology advances.
- Develop detailed budgets to support product development and continuously manage budgets to ensure ongoing accuracy, support forecasting and budget reallocation as needed.
- Provides leadership and direction to the machine & equipment team while ensuring corporate goals and client expectations are met.
- Responsible for integrating new manufacturing technologies into the operations group to exceed the quality, safety and efficiency of the operations team.
- Support R&D in developing new manufacturing processes to enhance new product quality and reliability.
- Prepare the annual M&E budget, planning, forecast and CAPEX needs.
- Ensure the M&E team adhere to the department budget.
- Strategic and tactical responsibility for implementing quality strategy to exceed customer expectations for product quality and promote operational excellence.
- Provide strategic guidance and manage all aspects of quality and regulatory to ensure the highest quality standards for our products and strict adherence to international regulatory requirements.
- Lead and manage operational teams in the delivery of service excellence to an international client base.
- Work closely with management to ensure the company is delivering the prescribed standards whilst keeping a focus on longer term sustainability of the Operations guided by our core values.
The Chief Operating Officer will be based in Mauritius and will require the following attributes:
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering + MA in Business Administration or similar relevant field
- Experience with design, development and manufacturing of class II and III medical devices.
- 5-10 years' experience in R&D at management Level in a Medical Device company
- 5-10 years' experience in operational management
- Six Sigma certification preferred
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs