Our Client a well reputed international organization is looking for an IT Support Engineer .
The primary roles and objectives:
- Rollout of IT initiatives and support business initiatives within the Mauritius office and possibly other offices within the Africa region.
- Provide operational IT support to all end users in the Mauritius office.
- Maintain the architecture, availability, reliability, performance, monitoring, support and security of the critical Wintel and Telecommunications infrastructure in the Mauritius office.
- Provide infrastructure support to local and regional users where necessary.
- Works with hardware/software vendors, define requirements and supporting plans to meet the agreed service level.
- At management requests provide up-to date information on the current project status.
- Manage/Monitor and troubleshoot a backend IT services, with a strong focus on end user infrastructure
- Provide first and second line support WAN/VPN/Voice Net and first line support for Corp. Applications and end-users support.
- Provide detailed monthly report on infrastructure status and make recommendations based on trends.
- Continuously search for new ways to improve technology deployments and service improvements in Africa.
- Keep all internal IT processes & procedures fully documented and safe.
- Assist in supporting the needs/issues/requests of end users based in the Africa region
- Ensure that criteria on audits with a technology element are fully met in accordance with Corporate IT standards and requirements
- Provide end user infrastructure support to all IT staff within the Africa region.
- Perform yearly technology audits and make refresh recommendations prior to budget planning for Mauritius end user devices, including mobile equipment.
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- Mandatory technical skills: administering Win 7 and newer, Office 365, One Drive and other M365 Cloud based applications, Exchange, DHCP, DNS servers; experience working with switches and routers, Dell servers and workstations; knowledge of TCP/IP stack and MS office application suite, knowledge of WAN technologies. Basic understanding of PBX and VOIP technologies.
Required Work Experience:
- At least 5 - 7 years of practical work in the field of IT and IT support (at user, system and network level)
- Experience of working in a 24/7 emergency call centre environment a distinct advantage
- BSC in Information Technology or relevant qualifications
- Higher technical education in the field of IT or electronics
- CCNA/MCSE/MSP a distinct advantage