View all 91 Jobs
Job vacancy Human Resources Business Partner & Special Projects Africa
View all 91 Jobs
Human Resources Business Partner & Special Projects Africa
Human Resources Business Partner & Special Projects Africa
The HRBP & Special Projects will work closely with the Regional HR Director Africa to provide support and appropriate guidance to the relevant business units within the Mauritius office. The HRBP will closely with business leaders to promote collaboration and a high-performance culture by supporting the development and execution of strategic business plans.
- Assist Regional HRD in executing all HR strategic plans developed for the business.
- Assist in providing overall HR leadership for the organization, both in terms of providing clear strategic direction for the function and in terms of on-going operational support and guidance.
- Assist Regional HRD in fostering an environment in achieving the business objectives and addressing organizational issues.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of employee policies and practices which support high standards and professionalism, and which are aligned with best practice, local employment legislation and with the values of the company.
- Recruit and retain high calibre staff with the right skills for the job, through effective marketing of job opportunities, deployment of effective recruitment and orientation programs, and through promoting the company as an employer of choice within the community.
- Deploy a performance management process which ensures, on an on-going basis, that staff are set clear and relevant annual objectives, receive accurate performance reviews, and have meaningful development plans.
- Assist in evaluating the training needs of the organization and implement training programs accordingly.
- Work closely with Talent & Acquisition Manager to manage succession planning and career development within the organisation.
- Maintain a positive employee relations environment by proactively guiding management on potential staff issues.
- Ensure effective and regular reporting regarding Human Resources.
- Ensure the delivery of core HR services to ensure all businesses operating in Mauritius office are supported by strong HR services.
- Foster an environment, within the organisation, that builds an engaged and informed workforce to ensure overall company efficiency and productivity.
- Deploy an effective occupational health policy for employees and ensure that it is adhered to.
- Assist in the regular review and evaluation of HR programs, systems and procedures to ensure they are relevant to business needs and are cost effective.
- Contribute to the company’s profitability by adhering to the HR department’s operating budget.
- Prepare and maintain all Contracts of Employment
- Draft all Internal Announcements regarding people matters
- Ensure updated, approved and signed off Job Descriptions
- Coordinate Interns for Mauritius through the YEP/HRDC registrations and also be the point of contact
- Ensure compliance through our legal firm (Dentons) and also be the point of contact regarding HR compliance like employment contracts, legislative updates etc
- Medical Insurance main point of contact, responsible for adding and removing employees and updating benefit details
- Handle all Local expat relocations through the relocation Agent
- Handle all IR matters Disciplinary
- Maintaining all employee staff files, both manually and electronically
- Ensure all policies are kept up to date and new ones are implemented
- Ensure MyHR is updated at all times.
- Leave management
- To attract and retain top talent in the Company.
- Develop sourcing strategies for specialist hiring and volume resourcing in line with business requirements.
- Build a database of talented prospective candidates to meet the ongoing recruitment requirements.
- Source candidates through all appropriate internal and external networks and channels taking into account effectiveness and cost-competitiveness, including an internal database, an internal sourcing network, advertising, Internet, online social media networks, and direct recruitment providers.
- Promote and develop an employee referral scheme as a cost-effective recruiting tool.
- Utilise market knowledge and research to ensure the most effective direct sourcing channels are applied for each hire.
- Manage relationships and costs with advertising agencies; print based media, and internet-based job boards to ensure effective resourcing.
- Manage and update the sourcing and recruitment policy from time to time as business needs change
- Be the Marketing and Communications point of contact for all digital matters, engaging with colleagues of varying technical capability on all digital communication matters.
- Participate fully in the development of marketing and communications projects in the region.
- Support, assist and advise other team members on any marketing and communications projects.
- Collaborate with external marketing and communications suppliers as required.
- Implement Banding project once approved from Group office.
- Coordinate Intern program in Africa region including AIESEC.
- Act as MyHR Recruiter and EC Champion
- Work collaboratively with Learning and Development to define strategies to attract and retain top talent in the Company.
- Ensure updated Organisational Charts
Real Estate and Facilities
- Africa Real estate monitoring and reporting on a monthly basis.
- Update of the ProLease real estate system
- All Facilities regarding the Mauritius office
- Willing and able to take ownership of any HR Project that might arise in any country in the Africa region.
- Willing to travel on short notice for extended period of time.
- Together with HRD Africa:
- Work closely with business managers of co-located the businesses in Southern Africa and other countries as required.
- Work closely with the International Assignees Services team when required.
- To work within and promote all policies, procedures and corporate values.
- To be aware of the Group and country specific legislated Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) policies, practices and procedures and actively participate in the on-going development and enhancement of these important areas of our business.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong track record in recruiting, retaining, growing and mentoring excellent staff.
- Networking skills, ability to collaborate, co-operate and network effectively within a demanding and culturally diverse matrix organization.
- Operational and a “doer”, hands on leader who likes to roll the sleeves up and get things done, as well as drive overall strategy.
- Comfortable in a dynamic, fast changing, complex, unstructured and flat environment and hierarchy.
- Results driven, with a high passion for people, drive and motivation.
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision making, financial acumen and advantage.
- Very strong verbal and written English language skills.
Required Work Experience
- At least 7 years of successful generalist HR experience,
- Experience of working in a complex multicultural matrix organization.
- Experience in ER, stakeholder management and performance management.
- Ability to be effective both strategically and at a hands-on, operational level. A doer.
- A strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills, and ability to engage with a very diverse employee population.
- International exposure and experience of working and living overseas would be an advantage
- Experience of working in emerging and remote sites and markets would be an advantage.
- Degree in Human Resource Management or relevant related discipline.
- Ability to communicate in English fluently (oral and written) an absolute must.
- Ability to speak another language relevant to location and client base will be an advantage.
Job Conditions / Contractual (Brief description of the outside factors)
- Potential and/or frequent travel to the countries within the remit.
Apply for this Job
More Job Vacancies
See all jobs